Add image below
2 key components of business process management
You may think business process management is complex, requiring you to perform a number of in-depth activities. But in reality, it comes down to two things: management and continuous improvement. What could be simpler?
In essence, business process management (BPM) is just about getting your house in order, formalising the way you work to identify better ways of getting things done.
Business process management creates a standard way of working across your entire organisation; simply put, it’s your ‘way’ of working. It helps you to:
- Identify processes across all departments
- Creates a central location for important documents, policies and operational manuals
- Reports on each instance the process has been run, which is great for compliance purposes
- Enables you to deliver a consistent experience
- Elevates the quality of your product/service to the next level
But managing process on your own isn’t that fun. The really interesting bit comes when you collaborate with colleagues, or when processes span departments or organisations. Once you’re collaborating, process becomes an enabler for your organisation to achieve great things.
Business process management for continuous improvement
Just as your business evolves over time, it’s natural that your processes will change too. The problem is, that if you’re not managing this on a continuous basis, it will start to cause you issues due to growing pains, process erosion or getting stuck in a ‘business as usual’ mentality.
To be really useful, your process needs to be captured and evaluated at the point it’s being run, so you can identify the things that no longer work efficiently and make the necessary improvements.
Getting started with business process management
Process Bliss is simple business process management software that’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…
- It empowers your team and frees them to focus on what matters.
- It reassures you that things are being done how you want them to be done.
- It enables continuous process improvement.
And the best bit – it builds the process for you.